7/19/2015

Storage Units...

I've heard that there are more storage units in the U.S. than houses.

Am I the only one who thinks that is outrageous?!

Why do we pay rent for our stuff?
Why do we keep a second location filled (to the brim) with stuff?
Why do we never want to let it go?


We move our stuff to storage, keep it in storage, look throught it to find stuff in storage, add more to it, repeat the process, and one day--move it to another location.

Wouldn't it be nice to 
NEVER DO THIS AGAIN?! 

It's possible: just empty out your storage unit and vow to never pay for one again.

Ok, so you might be thinking:
But how in the world do I empty my storage unit?  
Where do I put all that STUFF?!

You put it in its place.
Everything has a specific spot where it belongs.

If you have more things than spots, then you need to simplify your stuff.
It always comes back to simplifying.  Period.

I help people simplify their stuff and I can always find things in our house to get rid of!  Life changes and you don't need things like you did in the past.  Or you get 'questionable' birthday gifts.  Or your kids outgrow things.  Or you gave in to temptation at the thrift store.

Whatever the reason--you no longer need or use or love the items--and now you can send them on their way.

Find enough of these items, and you've cleared out a shelf, a room, or even a garage-size amount of space in your home.  Now you have room for the stuff that was in storage.  

{But if I'd have to make a bet--I'd bet that MOST of what's in your storage unit is the 'stuff that can go'...}

I know I'm constantly saying "Simplify Your Stuff!"

But that's really what it comes down to--piles of clutter, overflowing rooms, cramped garages, storage units--it can all be resolved by simplifying.

If you currently pay for a storage unit, take a minute to see how that impacts your life--physically, emotionally, and financially.

See if you can challenge yourself to empty out that storage unit.  Make it a game, make it a goal--just get it done.  You'll free up your time, energy, and money that was going into that unit.  

How good will that feel?



No comments:

Post a Comment