7/26/2015

The BEST time to purge:

Our culture likes to do 'spring cleaning' but when is the best time to purge some stuff?

Since we've moved a lot in our 12 years of marriage (like 12 times!), I've always found that I like to purge when I move.  (Or maybe I like to move so it makes me purge?!)

But what if you haven't moved in a while and don't plan on moving any time in the near future?  When should you plan a purge?

Right NOW.

Sure, you can always say "I'll do it on Monday," but there really is no better time than right now.

You don't have to wipe out 90% of what you own.  It could be one thing or one box full of stuff--any amount that you can--but just do it now.  

Simplifying has a huge snowball effect.  It's amazing.  As soon as you get started, you can see and feel the benefits, and it's sometimes hard to STOP!

You can make it silly (race your kids to fill a box)--or be totally serious (sort, sell, repeat)--however you choose, the only rule is to start right now!

If you're on Facebook, pop over and comment to let us know what you purged (post a picture!)--tag your friends and tell your neigbors--get those donation boxes filled up!

Who's with me?!  Let's get to work!



No comments:

Post a Comment