8/01/2015

Putting Things on Hold...

I'm a doer.  A go-getter.  Pretty much a busy body.

So when my body is injured or sick, it's really hard for me to just stop.

I just started training for my first half marathon and was scheduled to run 6 miles today.  But my body had a different plan.  I'll spare you all of the lovely details, but let's just say I had some digestive issues and would not be venturing 3 miles away from my house today...

It's difficult for me to do 'nothing' when I'm so programmed to just go non-stop. (And ironically, I was never a runner before this--I'm just teaching myself to be a distance runner so I can run a half marathon!)  

But life makes us stop sometimes.

And sometimes we listen...and sometimes we don't.
If we don't listen, things will keep happening until we do.

So, even though I really want to be outside running in the glorious sunshine today--I'm forcing myself to rest.  Telling myself that resting my body when it needs to rest is actually better training for a long distance run, than pushing it to the limits and injuring myself long before race day.


How does life tell you to stop?

Do you always listen the first time?

No comments:

Post a Comment